Friday, January 17, 2014

Showing off Sarah

Happy Friday to you! We were graced with more snow yesterday so we’ll be heading out in a bit to dig out…again. It’s so dang cold too – I can’t wait to hibernate away for the weekend!

I figured it was about time to show off another awesome blogger and today it’s a fellow Sarah (of course she’s awesome) at Life on Virginia Street. I love finding new bloggers to follow so if you haven’t been to her site this will provide you with plenty of weekend reading. :)

Sarah’s decor style is understated, with a lot of trim and molding and soft colors on the walls. Her master bedroom is gorgeous:

Mixing fabrics for pillows

She does a wonderful job at mixing fabrics too – that bed looks so pretty and comfy. :)

I love her board and batten wall painted a dark gray in her office, it’s so dramatic:

Dark board and batten wallThe rest of the walls in a lighter color keep it from feeling too heavy.

Sarah loves the look of the wood beaded chandeliers so she figured out a way to make over another fixture to get the same look:

Virginia DIY Wood Bead Chandelier Image

Her style is classic and the paint colors throughout her house are so soothing. The foyer is a favorite of mine:

Crisp entryway

That beautiful door and the awesome stair railings sure don’t hurt. :)

You can see more of her entryway here and more about this pretty table:

Long wood and metal table

I’ll take the table and the mirror, any time. :)

She shared an easy to follow tutorial on sewing zippers into pillows and I truly believe I can do it myself after reading through her clear instructions:

How to sew a zipper into pillow

See that – more with the mixing of the fabrics. I love the combos she comes up with!

Another bedroom that has turned out so beautifully is Sarah’s guest bedroom:

Board and batten wall behind bed

Love that navy headboard! The simple edge on the roman shades is a great way to add some detail to the room too.

So pretty, yes? She’s inspired a project in my house that I hope to get started on soon. :) I promise you’ll be inspired by her home – go check her out!

Anything fun planned for the weekend? I’m excited that we don’t have any plans at all – those kinds of weekends are far and few between and I’m looking forward to it. Stay safe and warm peeps!

Showing off Sarah Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Great Blogger

0 comments:

Post a Comment