Thursday, May 1, 2014

I’ll scratch your back…

Hello all! How are you on this beautiful (chilly!) day? I’ve noticed our plants are taking FOREVER to bloom this year – have you? I’m not surprised but I didn’t realize how late until I looked back at an old post from a couple years back. One of my favorite flowering bushes was in full bloom at the end of March -- it’s just now starting up in late April/early May this year. It’s going to be a short season!

Anyway, I’m on the look out for a couple things and I thought who better to ask for help than all of you? You guys are so helpful when I mention something that I’m looking for. But first I thought I would share some info on a couple things I get asked about a TON, a lot lately in particular.

The first is our family room rug: 

family room tan walls

I got it last year and still love it. It’s a 9 by 12 and I got it from HomeGoods. Many have asked for a brand name and when we laid it down I couldn’t find a tag on the back. But I’m a dummy. The brand name is stamped around the edge of the rug. So…the rug is a Broyhill rug, but I can’t find it anywhere online! I don’t have a specific name for the actual design.

When I looked at Broyhill rugs online they didn’t have a lot of this more transitional/contemporary design – so I’m stumped.

Because I couldn’t find it I did some online shopping for you and these are similar:

(source)

I almost got that one for our master bedroom. It looks so plush in the close up photos.

I’ve purchased a couple rugs from Rugs USA and been really happy with the quality. Very pleased really. They’re running a Mother’s Day sale right now, but they do a couple huge sales a year and I wait for those to buy.

I liked the design on this one as well:

(source)

And this used to be in our family room – I still love it! It was just a bit too graphic and too small for the space:

(source)

Those are great options if you’re looking for a similar design. I saw a rug very similar to mine at HomeGoods a couple weeks ago, so there’s still a chance you may get one near you.

Also, I get asked about my starburst mirror over the mantel all the time and I KNOW! I love it too:

starburst mirror fireplace

That’s another HG find years back and I have looked for a name on it and there's nothing. Usually I’ll find the same design on subsequent trips in there but I’ve never seen this one again. I always have my eye out!

I’ve even looked online for a similar look and can’t find one. I did love these though:

 

pier 1 starburst mirror

(source)

That one is from Pier 1 and I really love it.

This one is Wayfair and they have a darker version as well:

Safavieh-32-H-x-32-W-Galaxy-Wall-Mirror

(source)

I love it in the gold finish though.

OK, now I need your help! So a couple months back we had our first toilet issue in the powder room. Of course the first time in ten years happens after we put the hardwoods in, but I wouldn’t have put them in if I wasn’t sure they would hold up:

white planked walls

They did – it was quite impressive. But the rug that was in there wasn’t spared – I thought about dry cleaning it but does that disinfect it? I honestly don’t know. Because it was small I threw it in the washer on gentle, which wasn’t smart. The rug actually came out pretty decent but the backing was all jacked up. It was a MESS.

So I had to throw it out and I’m so bummed. I got it at Target a few years back and from what I can tell they don’t carry it online anymore. If any of you see it or know of one will you let me know?:

red blue target rug

The colors in it are PERFECT. Right now we’re just going without one and it’s fine, but I do love that rug and would love to replace it.

Also, you got a peek of this chair earlier this week, but this was another HG find last year:

dark blue chair with nail head

I may as well title this the HomeGoods post.

Someone asked about the quality of HomeGoods furniture the other day and I’ve been pleased so far. All I have from there are a few chairs and smaller things like benches. Most of the items are brand names that don’t quite meet the inspection process, from what I can tell. Usually I can find something that is just slightly off with the items, sometimes nothing at all.

Anyway, I’m hoping to find one more of this chair. I was considering it for the dining room/library set up but I doubt three more of this exact chair will ever happen. So now I’m thinking I’d like to have two in our living room. It’s surprisingly comfortable and I love the low profile of it.

And the nail head accents, of course. :)

nail head accent on chair

The placemat pillow is my own. :)

There’s no marking of any kind on this chair either, so if you’ve seen it I would love to know! I would love you forever!

I’ll keep my eye out for my items and let you know if I see them too. If there are other items in our home you are curious about, let me know in the comments and I’ll give you resources or brand names.

I’ll scratch your back… Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Great Blogger

0 comments:

Post a Comment